There are a few changes required for CAP to work better with MedPhys Match,
and we ask for your patience. Applicants will not be able to register with
MedPhys Match until October, and it is our goal to have all required changes
completed by mid-September. If you would like to receive an email when these
changes have been completed, please set your preferences to opt-in to email
announcements (on your Institution Info page).
The CAP (Common Application Program, or Common Application Process) is a program started by the Workgroup for Coordination of Medical Physics Residency Programs (WGCMPR) to do three things.
- Make it easier for applicants to apply for residency programs.
- Reduce administrative burden for residency programs that have to process these applications.
- Provide a mechanism that will allow programs to work towards a match system, putting applicants in their preferred programs, and getting preferred applicants into participating programs. The match system is currently used by medical residents, but is not currently in place for physics residents.
You must register and pay the fee ($200 as of Sept 2012) for your program to be listed in the CAP. This gets you one credit for a single opening (recruitment). Each time you recruit, you will need to pay the same fee again, but you do not need to register again. The fee is the same is you are recruiting for one position or multiple positions, as long as you are recruiting those positions from the same applicant pool.
If you are already registered in the CAP, please click here to go to your openings (or click Login in the left side menu). If not, click here to register.
- Recommended Browsers include:
- Internet Explorer 8 (or above)
- Firefox 6 (or above, for Mac and Windows)
- Chrome 11 (or above, for Mac and Windows)
- Opera 10 (or above, for Mac and Windows)
- Safari 5 (or above, for Mac and Windows)
- Recommended minimum screen resolution: 1024 x 768
- Other recommended settings:
- Allow Pop-up Windows from AAPM.ORG
- Browser plugin to display PDF
- Accept/allow Browser cookies from AAPM.ORG