Nuclear Regulatory Commission
Regulations and Medical Policy Statements
Medical Policy Statement [PDF]
The NRC's regulations are found in Chapter I of Title 10, "Energy," of the Code of Federal Regulations (CFR). Chapter I is divided into Parts 1 through 199. Chapter I is divided into Parts 1 through 199. Part 35 is the primary regulation for medical uses or radioactive materials.
Part 35: – "Medical Use of Byproduct Material"
The following link provides the Federal Register publication on the final training and experience requirements.
- Final Rule, Medical Use or Byproduct Material – Recognition of Specialty Boards, 70 FR [PDF] 16336
- Red-Line/Strike-out [PDF] Part 35 – Training and Experience text including final Rule of March 30, 2005
NRC Form 313A
The following are the additional parts related to medical use.
- Part 19 - Notices, Instructions and Reports to Workers: Inspection and Investigations
- Part 20 - Standards for Protection Against Radiation
- Part 21 - Reporting of Defects and Noncompliance
- Part 30 - Rules of General Applicability to Domestic Licensing of Byproduct Material
- Part 32 - Specific Domestic Licenses To Manufacture or Transfer Certain Items Containing Byproduct Material
- Part 33 - Specific Domestic Licenses of Broad Scope for Byproduct Material
- Part 40 - Domestic Licensing of Source Material
- Part 70 - Domestic Licensing of Special Nuclear Material
- Part 71 - Packaging and Transportation of Radioactive Material
- Part 110 - Export and Import of Nuclear Equipment and Material
- Part 150.20 - Reciprocity: Recognition of Agreement State Licenses