AAPM/IOMP International Library Program
- Program Description
- Donations Available on Request
- Make a Donation
- Past Donations
The AAPM/IOMP library program serves as a resource for medical physics and related communities in developing countries. The library program accepts book and e-journal donations and forwards them to established libraries on a per-request basis.
As of November 2014, current participation in the program involves 36 libraries located in 27 countries in 5 continents. To submit an application for the establishment of a new library, please complete this form.
The AAPM portion of the library program is administered by the International Library Subcommittee (ILSC), a subset of the International Affairs Committee (IAC).
Current ILSC chair and library curator: Allan Wilkinson, PhD email@example.com
Donations Available for Request
The following lists the books and journals that have been donated to the library program and are available on request. Please submit request to firstname.lastname@example.org (Allan Wilkinson, PhD, Curator)
(10 copies of each of the below donations will be made available this year from CRC (Taylor and Francis group) - electronic or printed)
- Shirley Lehnert's 'Handbook of Radio-Chemotherapy in the Treatment of Cancer'
- John G. Webster's book, 'The Physiological Measurement Handbook'
- More Books & Reports
- Advances in Radiation Oncology Physics - Dosimetry, Treatment Planning, and Brachytherapy, Purdy (ed.), AAPM Medical Physics Monograph No. 19 (1992).
- American Cancer Society Textbook of Clinical Oncology, Holleb, et al (1991).
- An Imaging Atlas of Human Anatomy, Weir and Abrahams (1992).
- Basic Cancer Medicine, Markman (1997).
- Basic Clinical Radiobiology, Steel (ed.), Second Edition (1997).
- BJR Supplement 11 - Central Axis Depth Dose Data for Use in Radiotherapy (1972).
- BJR Supplement 17 - Central Axis Depth Dose Data for Use in Radiotherapy (1983).
- BJR Supplement 25 - Central Axis Depth Dose Data for Use in Radiotherapy (1996).
- Core Concepts in Anatomy, Stern (1997).
- Data Reduction and Error Analysis for the Physical Sciences, Bevington and Robinson, Second Edition (1992).
- Data Reduction and Error Analysis for the Physical Sciences, Bevington (1969).
- Digital Woes - Why We Should Not Depend on Software, Wiener (1993).
- Dorland's Illustrated Medical Dictionary, Twenty-fifth Edition (1974).
- Elementary Radiation Physics, Hurst and Turner (1970).
- Elementary Statistics, Spence et al, Third Edition (1976).
- Extracranial Stereotactic Radiotherapy and Radiosurgery, Slotman et al (eds.) (2008).
- Fundamentals of Biostatistics, Rosner, Sixth Edition (2006).
- Gray's Anatomy, Gray (1974).
- ICRP Publication 25: The Handling, Storage, Use and Disposal of Unsealed Radionuclides in Hospitals and Medical Research Establishments (1976).
- ICRU Report 13: Neutron Fluence, Neutron Spectra and Kerma (1969).
- ICRU Report 14: Radiation Dosimetry: X Rays and Gamma Rays with Maximum Photon Energies Between 0.6 and 50 MeV (1969).
- ICRU Report 19 Supplement: Dose Equivalent (1973).
- ICRU Report 19: Radiation Quantities and Units (1971).
- ICRU Report 21: Radiation Dosimetry: Electrons with Initial Energies Between 1 and 50 MeV (1972).
- ICRU Report 23: Measurement of Absorbed Dose in a Phantom Irradiated by a Single Beam of X or Gamma Rays (1973).
- ICRU Report 30: Quantitative Concepts and Dosimetry in Radiobiology (1979).
- ICRU Report 33: Radiation Quantities and Units (1980).
- ICRU Report 38: Dose and Volume Specification for Reporting Intracavitary Therapy in Bynecology (1985).
- ICRU Report 42: Use of Computers in External Beam Radiotherapy Procedures with High- Energy Photons and Electrons (1987).
- ICRU Report 46: Photon, Electron, Proton and Neutron Interaction Data for Body Tissues (1992).
- ICRU Report 50: Prescribing, Recording, and Reporting Photon Beam Therapy (1993).
- ICRU Report 59: Clinical Proton Dosimetry Part 1: Beam Production, Beam Delivery and Measurement of Absorbed Dose (1998).
- Image Reconstruction in Radiology, Parker (1990).
- Medical Imaging Physics, Hendee and Ritenour, Third Edition (1992).
- Medical Management of Radiation Accidents, Mettler et al. (eds.) (1990).
- NCRP Report 33: Medical X-Ray and Gamma-Ray Protection for Energies Up to 10 MeV, Equipment Design and Use (1968).
- NCRP Report 34: Medical X-Ray and Gamma-Ray Protection for Energies Up to 10 MeV, Structural Shielding Design and Evaluation (1970).
- NCRP Report 39: Basic Radiation Protection Criteria (1971).
- NCRP Report 41: Specification of Gamma-Ray Brachytherapy Sources (1974).
- NCRP Report 48: Radiation Protection for Medical and Allied Health Personnel (1976).
- NCRP Report 49: Structural Shielding Design and Evaluation for Medical Use of X Rays and Gamma Rays of Energies Up to 10 MeV (1976).
- NCRP Report 50: Environmental Radiation Measurements (1976).
- NCRP Report 147: Structural Shielding Design for Medical X-Ray Imaging Facilities (2004).
- Nuclei and Particles, Segre (1965).
- PET-CT in Radiotherapy Treatment Planning, Paulino and Teh (2008).
- Physical Principles of Medical Imaging, Sprawls (1993).
- Practical Statistics for Medical Research, Altman (1999).
- Primary Care Oncology, Boyer et al (1999).
- Principles of Human Anatomy, Tortora, Seventh Edition (1995).
- Radiation Oncology - Rationale, Technique, Results, Cox and Ang, Eighth Edition (2003).
- Radiobiology for the Radiologist, Hall, Third Edition (1988).
- Shielding Techniques, McGinley, Second Edition (2002).
- Simulated Annealing: Theory and Applications, van Laarhoven and Aarts (1989).
- Something About X Rays for Everybody, Trevert, 1896 (Reprinted in 1988).
- Statistics, Barlow (1989).
- Stereotactic Body Radiation Therapy, Kavanagh and Timmerman (eds.) (2005).
- Textbook of Anatomy and Physiology in Radiologic Technology, Jacobi, Second Edition (1975).
- Textbook of Radiotherapy, Fletcher, Third Edition (1980).
- The Physics of Radiation Therapy, Khan, Fourth Edition (2010).
- The Physics of Radiation Therapy, Khan, Second Edition (1994).
- The Physics of Radiology, Johns and Cunningham, Third Edition (1974).
- The Statistical Analysis of Experimental Data, Mandel (1964).
- Medical Physics from 1992-present, there may be the odd issue missing, all in good condition
- Radiation Research 2004
- Radiotherapy and Oncology 2009
- PMB 1983-1994, most issues
- Electronic subscriptions
- Medical Physics
Official journal of the AAPM and of the COMP/CCPM/IOMP
- SRP journal
- Medical Physics
Make a Donation
The AAPM/IOMP library program relies on donations of books and e-journal subscriptions. Interested donors can contact email@example.com (Allan Wilkinson, PhD, Curator)
Hardcopy books stay with the donor until a request is made. The library will then contact the donor to arrange for shipping to the recipient.
Subscription donations of the Medical Physics journal can be made in the annual AAPM membership renewal form.
The AAPM/IOMP library program would like to acknowledge the generous contributions of donors.
- David Spencer
- Ron Zelac
- Taylor & Francis, CRC Press
List of current library locations. To submit an application for the establishment of a new library, please complete this form.
|Brazil||Rio de Janeiro|
|Dominican Republic||Santo Domingo|
|Tanzania||Dar es Salaam|