Audio Visual Guidelines for Oral Presentations
For the 48th AAPM Annual Meeting, each scientific session room will be equipped with one digital projection system for single projection of Microsoft PowerPoint Presentations.
NOTE: No 35mm slide projectors, overhead projectors or TV/VCR displays will be provided.
Speaker Ready Room - Room 231A
The Speaker Ready Room will be equipped with the necessary equipment to review Microsoft PowerPoint Presentations. Technical staff will be available to assist you with the viewing or testing of your presentation.
Saturday-Thursday, 7:00 AM - 6:00 PM
For your Microsoft PowerPoint presentation
Presenters WILL NOT be permitted to hook a laptop to the digital projector.
Presenters must bring their Microsoft PowerPoint presentation on PC formatted media to the meeting, as described below.
- The DAY PRIOR to your presentation - Please bring your CD, 3.5" floppy disk, or USB memory key to Speaker Ready Room 231A the day before your session during the same hour as your scheduled presentation to load the file into the presentation library and test your presentation. We recommend visiting the same hour as your talk to reduce the number of people in the Speaker Ready Room at any given time and to allow for each presenter to have ample opportunity to speak with a technician if necessary. All presentations loaded into the library will be transferred to the PC in the room where the presentation will be held. Librarians and technicians will be on duty in the Speaker Ready Room to assist you with checking your talk and depositing your file into the library. The support staff will not assist with the editing of files. There will no longer be ZIP or Jazz drives in the speaker ready room.
- The day of your presentation Please bring your CD, 3.5" floppy disks, or USB memory key with you to the presentation room as a backup in case of emergency.
- If attending the meeting only for the day of your presentation:
- It is strongly recommended that you visit Speaker Ready Room 231A to test the presentation.
- PLEASE BE ADVISED, if you do not check your presentation into the speaker ready room, you will be responsible for loading your presentation onto the computer system in the presentation hall. No technician will be available to assist with this process.
- PLEASE BE ADVISED, Session Chairs have been instructed to keep the session on schedule. If you opt NOT to test your presentation in the Speaker Ready Room and there is a problem with the file that you have hand carried to the meeting, you will be asked to either give your talk without the computer presentation or withdraw your talk altogether.
Plan your PowerPoint Presentation to be presented on a PC with the following configuration:
Pentium III (minimum), 2.0 GHz or greater processor speed, 512K or greater RAM, 80 GB 7200 rpm HD, integral 16-bit audio, ATI X-300 PCI Express graphics card with 64MB VRAM
Windows XP Pro, Powerpoint 2003 Pro, Acrobat Reader 7.0, Windows Media Player 10, Quicktime 6.5, Math Type 4
- There are known Mac to PC conversion issues with embedded movies in PowerPoint presentations. For details see: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;821417
- No network access will be available from the presentation rooms.
- At the end of each day, the presentations for that day will be deleted from the presentation room PCs and the library and will not be retrievable by presenters.
- No one other than the presenter will have access to the presentation file once it is checked into the library.
Please send an email to email@example.com if you have a question about the configuration of the presentation PC, or if you have needs that exceed the standard machine configuration. All requests will be handled on a case by case basis.