How Do I Register for SAMs sessions/credits at the 2007 Annual Meeting?
- Pre-register for the annual meeting. You will not be able to register for SAMs after June 25 (including on-site). Prior to June 25, if you have already registered for the annual meeting, but did not register for SAMs, you can still add SAMs by calling
AAPM's registration call center at
- You will be asked if you require Maintenance of Certification (MOC) as defined by ABR. Say YES.
- You will be given the option to register for SAMs sessions ($10 to rent the audience response unit, and participate in as many SAMs sessions as you wish).
- When you arrive at the Minneapolis Convention Center to pick up your badge and program materials, you will be given a ticket for your audience response unit. Exchange your ticket for the audience response unit at the SAMs counter. NOTE: You will be asked for credit card verification. In the event you do not return your audience response unit, your credit card will be charged $75.
- Go to the SAMs sessions of your choice. There will be 8 sessions (total) offered in the categories of Diagnostic, Medical Nuclear and Therapy Physics. We'll post the list of SAMs sessions in May, and send an email to all AAPM members.
- During a SAMs session, the speaker will ask interactive questions. You will be able to respond using your SAMs audience response unit. The audience feedback will appear in real time on the screen. There is no pass/fail and you will not be graded on your responses.
- At the end of the meeting, please return your audience response unit to the SAMs counter.
- A list of all SAMs participants will be provided to the ABR. AAPM will send an email confirmation to all participants following the meeting. The email will confirm your name has been forwarded to the ABR as a participant in MOC, but you are also responsible for self-reporting this activity.
Don't require Maintenance of Certification, but still want to sit in on a SAMs session??
No problem. The sessions are open to everyone. An audience response unit is not required to attend.