AAPM is working to identify ways to increase traffic in the exhibit hall. With that goal in mind, AAPM has implemented a new exhibit hall traffic building program at the 2009 Annual Meeting.
All exhibitors were invited to participate but had to respond YES or NO by July 8th to be included. If an exhibitor did not respond, that company was not included.
Here’s how it works:
- Attendees will have the opportunity to win one of four free registrations for the 2010 AAPM Annual Meeting in Philadelphia.
- We produced VISIT THE VENDORS cards listing an equal number of exhibitor company names and their booth numbers on punch cards. The number of unique cards generated depends on the number of exhibitors who agreed to participate.
- Exhibitors are listed on the cards based on the information provided on their original space application in regards to associate and competitor proximity requests.
- A VISIT THE VENDORS card will be given to each scientific meeting registrant at Registration when individuals pick up their meeting materials.
- Attendees are instructed to VISIT THE VENDORS listed on their specific card.
- Participating exhibitors will be given a hole puncher in order to punch their company name on an attendee’s card.
- It is up to you to determine how much time the attendee must spend at your booth in order to have their card punched.
- The objective is for the attendees to VISIT THE VENDORS listed on their card AND acquire a hole punch.
- A card must be complete in order to be eligible for the drawing.
- Once a card is complete, the attendee will drop it in a box located at the main entrance of the Exhibit hall C.
- The drawing and prize announcements are scheduled for Wednesday July 29, during lunch time at 12:30 PM in the Exhibit Hall C – winners do not have to be present to win.
All Exhibitors are invited to advertise in Medical Physics, the scientific journal of the American Association of Physicists in Medicine. Medical Physics will be distributed to all AAPM attendees during registration. Information on rates, mechanical specifications and copy deadlines may be obtained from:
Advertising Sales Manager
American Institute of Physics
2 Huntington Quadrangle
Melville, NY 11747-4502
A great way to reach the AAPM membership and other potential customers
with your CUSTOMIZED message
As an Exhibitor participating at the 2009 AAPM Annual Meeting, have a presentation, product demonstration, or users meeting digitally captured during the meeting....
AAPM has partnered with Blue Sky Broadcast in order to provide you with a unique event-delivery solution at very REASONABLE PRICES.
The process includes these basic steps:
- The capture of live events, including audio, video, PowerPoint and collateral materials
- Placing these elements in a custom branded console
- Stream the video and audio, so your audience can access the information from a dial up modem or a high speed connection
- Transcribe the entire event
- Time code and outline the event for easy navigation
- Captured events or presentations will be hosted in the AAPM Virtual Library for 12 months.
AAPM has implemented a Virtual Press Room for the 2009 Meeting. The Virtual Press Room will consist of both Scientific and Exhibitor related press releases.
Any Exhibitor wishing to link to a single or multiple press releases is asked to post the press release(s) on the internet, thus creating a URL address. Then forward the press release URL address and the date of the press release to the attention of:
All contributing companies will be listed on the Virtual Press Room/Exhibitor Releases site. A link will be created from the Press Room site/company name back to the URL address of the press release.
AAPM Exhibitor Virtual Press Room Guidelines:
- Only companies officially exhibiting at AAPM '09 may submit materials for the Exhibitor Virtual Pressroom.
- There is no endorsement implied by AAPM.
- Releases will be listed in alpha order by company name.
- Press releases submitted for the Exhibitor Virtual Press Room by July 18 will be printed and provided in press kits available on-site to all registered press.
We hope to attract more press personnel to our meeting so encourage you to post your releases.
If you are hosting an Exhibitor Function (Users Meeting, Social Event, etc) take the opportunity to post your announcement on our meeting site. This will assist any attendees who misplace the invite!
For details, please contact:
As an Exhibitor, you have the opportunity for a direct mail campaign; use the list of 2009 AAPM Annual Meeting scientific registrants.
Q. How much do your lists cost?
A. $0.30 per label, no minimum orders. Corporate Affiliates get Two Complimentary Mailing Lists. Additional lists - $0.20 per label.
Q. How do you ship your lists?
A. via Email
- We receive the bulk of our scientific registrants by June 2.
- If you are interested in ordering this list, we must have your order by July 17.
- The registrant list will be sent via email within 5 days of receipt of order.
- Information provided for each pre-registered scientific attendee:
- Reg. Category
- First Name
- Last Name
- Street Address
- Street Address 2
- Postal Code
- Employment function
(Note: Email address is NOT provided)
Record, print and store your leads with the scan of a badge!
Information and order forms regarding the Lead Retrieval System will be included in the Online Exhibitor Service Kit.
Exhibitors are encouraged to rent the lead retrieval equipment and supplies in order to obtain mailing information of interested attendees, includes email addresses.
Exhibitors are allowed to distribute printed materials as door drops at the designated AAPM hotels. An official Exhibitor Door Drop Request Form will be included in the Online Service Kit. Exhibitors will be responsible for any fees involved.
For details contact:
PLEASE NOTE: Convention Communications has implemented a Green Initiative. Starting with the 2009 AAPM Annual Meeting, for each company participating in the Door Drop Service, Convention Communications will have a native tree planted in a USecosystem restoration project to offset the resources used in printing and the carbon used for transportation.
You may download sponsor form, complete and fax it to Hadijah Robertson Kagolo at 301-209-0862
OTHER Á LA CARTE SPONSORSHIP OPPORTUNITIES:
Exclusive Sponsorships Opportunities:
WATER BOTTLES exclusive sponsorship! ($11,000)
This year every scientific attendee will receive a complimentary water bottle in their tote bag. These bottles can be refilled from one of the 18 water coolers in the convention meeting space or exhibit halls. Your logo will be printed on the HDPE plastic bottle along with a green leaf, highlighting you as one of AAPM’s green partners.
WIRELESS LOUNGE exclusive sponsorship! ($6,500)
There will be a wireless lounge in the middle of the Exhibit hall. Seating and power will be provided.
Sponsor's logo will be on the start-up page. A sign with the sponsor's name and booth number will be on display.
BOX LUNCHES IN THE EXHIBIT HALL exclusive sponsorship! ($1,500)
On Sunday, July 26 the exhibit hall opens at 1:00pm with box lunches for all scientific attendees. Sponsor's name will be announced on the P.A. system as the doors open. A sign acknowledging your sponsorship will be located in each lunch pick-up lounge.
Partial Sponsorship Opportunities:
18' HD WIDE SCREEN ($950-$3,500)
The popular 18' HD Screen will return in 2009! Is 90 square feet of high definition surface big enough for your message? Prices range from $950-$3,500, depending on the length of your message. The HD screen will be prominently placed in the exhibit hall, and will carry program reminders as well as sponsors' messages.
ELECTRONIC MESSAGE CENTER ($1,500)
Everyone uses the Message Center terminals, so it's the ultimate opportunity to reach the attendees. Your logo will be placed right on the front screen; your company name and booth number will appear on each individual message an attendee receives.
ELECTRONIC POSTER VIEWING AREAS ($500)
Three Electronic Poster Viewing areas in the Exhibit Hall will allow attendees to view posters electronically. A sign acknowledging your sponsorship and booth location will be located in each viewing area.
EXHIBIT HALL MORNING AND AFTERNOON BREAKS ($600)
Refreshment breaks will be held each day in the exhibit hall, Sunday through Wednesday. A sign acknowledging your sponsorship and booth location will be located in each refreshment lounge.
SUNDAY 3:00 PM
MONDAY 9:30 AM & 3:30 PM
TUESDAY 9:30 AM & 3:30 PM
WEDNESDAY 9:30 AM
Contact Hadijah Robertson Kagolo at firstname.lastname@example.org to request the official meeting logo to be used for promotional pieces and advertising related to the meeting.
Please note: The use of the AAPM association Meeting Logo with endorsements, statements, contests, and/or awards of any kind, without the expressed written consent of the AAPM is prohibited.
In an effort to reach as many potential attendees as possible, we encourage you to link to the AAPM 2009 Annual Meeting website http://www.aapm.org/meetings/09AM/ from your company website.