At the completion of this program, attendees will be able to
- identify the trade-offs between CT image quality and dose associated with common scan and reconstruction parameters
- recognize common technical and clinical errors in CT imaging
- appreciate the characteristics of high quality head, body and cardiovascular CT scans
- be familiar with multiple dose reduction strategies, including patient size adaptation
- understand the roles and responsibilities of the various members of the imaging community for CT protocol development and optimization
The CT Dose Summit has been approved for 11.49 MPCEC credits by the Commission on Accreditation of Medical Physics Education Programs, Inc. (CAMPEP).
The CT Dose Summit has been approved by the American Society of Radiologic Technologists (ASRT) for Category A credits.
To obtain continuing education credit:
- CAMPEP Credit - Medical Physicist attendees must complete the on-line evaluation survey.
- ASRT Credit - Radiation Technologists must:
- Complete the on-line evaluation survey.
- Complete an attendance form for each session attended. Attendance forms to be provided in the on-site registration packet.
- Submit attendance forms to headquarters personnel at the meeting.
- The survey will be available online Thursday, April 29 - Friday, May 21.
- Attendees must complete the survey by May 21.
- After the meeting:
- Medical Physicist registrants will be contacted with instructions for viewing the meeting transcript via the CAMPEP website. The transcript will list a description of the sessions and the number of continuing education credits obtained.
- Radiation Technologist will be provided with a summary of sessions attended in order to self report to the ASRT.
- Please note your badge I.D. will be required in order to complete the CEC Evaluation Survey.
- Cynthia McCollough, PhD, Mayo Clinic
- Dianna Cody, PhD,
U.T.M.D Anderson Cancer Center
- William Hendee, PhD, Medical College of Wisconsin
|John Boone, PhD, UC Davis Medical Center||Myke Kudlas, American Society of Radiologic Technologists|
|CDR Sean Boyd, FDA||Cynthia McCollough, PhD, Mayo Clinic|
|James Brink, MD, Yale University||Michael McNitt-Gray, PhD, UCLA School of Medicine|
|Dianna Cody, PhD, U.T.M.D Anderson Cancer Center||Alec Megibow, MD, New York University Medical Center|
|Joel Fletcher, MD, Mayo Clinic||Richard Morin, PhD, Mayo Clinic - Jacksonville|
|Donald Frush, MD, Duke University||Patrik Rogalla, MD, University of Toronto|
|Rajiv Gupta, MD, PhD, Massachusetts General Hospital
||Mary Ann Spohrer, Chair, Healing Arts Council, CRCPD BOD|
|William Hendee, PhD, Medical College of Wisconsin||Robert Pizzutiello, Upstate Medical Physics|
|Jim Kofler, PhD, Mayo Clinic|