Radiation Safety Officer Refresher
D Broga1*, B Blankenship2*, (1) VA Commonwealth Univ, Richmond, VA, (2) Sharp Memorial Hospital, San Diego, CASA-A-Salon AB-1 Saturday 7:30:00 AM - 9:30:00 AM Room: Salon AB
This session will provide a refresher of RSO requirements and responsibilities under both regulatory and accrediting bodies. It will span radiation oncology, nuclear medicine and radiology as well as the expanding charges of the Radiation Safety Committee. In most hospitals the RSO is a physician authorized user who relies heavily on the consultant medical physicist to supply guidance and analytic assessment to ensure regulatory compliance. Often the Medical Physicist may be asked to address radiation safety issues outside their normal scope of practice.
1. Provide a broad overview of RSO responsibilities.
2. Identify the regulatory requirements applicable to a medical radiation protection program.
3. Discuss the expanding scope of the Radiation Safety Committees responsibilities under both regulatory and accrediting organizations.
4. Address the expanding radiation safety responsibilities for the consulting medical physicist.
- 87-22804-326454-102515.pdf (D Broga)