Image Registration for Radiation Therapy Applications
D Wang1*, P Balter2*, (1) University of Iowa, Iowa City, IA, (2) UT MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TXSA-D-Salon AB-1 Saturday 4:00:00 PM - 6:00:00 PM Room: Salon AB
Image registration is an indispensable process for the Radiation Therapy, involved in both treatment planning and image guidance at treatment. For treatment planning applications, this session will review multi-modality image registrations between treatment planning CT and 4DCT, MRI, PET image set, as well as CT and dose map from previous treatment if available. For each modality, we will discuss the clinical implementation considerations. We will also discuss deformable image registrations. For image guidance applications, we will discuss registration between CBCT and treatment planning CT image sets. We will review the limitations and accuracies of the registrations. We will discuss the clinical considerations of selection of Region of Interest (ROI) and provide some clinical examples. We will also discuss the compromises needed for daily IGRT and how these are communicated among the treatment team.
1. Understand multi-modality image registration for treatment planning applications.
2. Learn clinical implementation considerations of image registration for treatment planning applications.
3. Understand accuracy and limitations of deformable image registrations.
4. Understand the registration between image guidance image set and treatment planning CT.
5. Recognize the limitations and clinical applications of image guidance registration.
6. Acknowledge the advantages and disadvantages for selection of ROI
7. Discuss requirements of communication and means of communication among the treatment tam for IGRT.
Add this talk to vcal | ical | Contact Email: