AAPM Online Evaluation
The survey will be available online Saturday, July 28 thru Wednesday, August 29.
Choose which event you would like to evaluate.
To obtain continuing education credit and/or claim SAM (self assessment module) participation, attendees must complete an
ONLINE evaluation survey for each session attended.
MEDICAL PHYSICS CONTINUING EDUCATION CREDITS (MPCEC - CAMPEP)
The Commission on Accreditation of Medical Physics Education Programs, Inc. (CAMPEP) has approved the AAPM annual meeting for MPCEC continuing education credit, which includes both the AAPM Diagnostic and Therapy Physics Review courses. Attendees will receive medical physics continuing education credits for sessions attended as outlined below. Up to eight (8) credits have been approved for MPEC credit for general poster viewing.
To obtain MPCEC, SAMs and/or MDCB credit, attendees must complete an online evaluation survey.
Following the meeting and the close of the AAPM online evaluation system, AAPM will provide CAMPEP with participant contact information, credits earned, and the appropriate processing fees in order for individual participants to access their personal 2012 AAPM Meeting transcript via the CAMPEP online MPCEC Repository database. Please be advised, CAMPEP transcripts are viewable via the CAMPEP online MPCEC Repository database. Participants will not receive a hardcopy CAMPEP transcript. Should a participant need a hardcopy of the 2012 AAPM Meeting transcript, an individual may order a hardcopy transcript from CAMPEP. View details here.
Note: Individuals registered as Companions are not eligible for MPCEC.
MEDICAL DOSIMETRIST CERTIFICATION BOARD (MDCB)
The AAPM will apply to the Medical Dosimetrist Certification Board (MDCB) for continuing education credit hours for the meeting program, which includes the Review Courses.
To obtain credit, attendees must complete an on-line evaluation survey. Badge ID and CMD Number are required. Message Center/CEC kiosks are available in the convention center for this purpose.
Following the meeting, AAPM will report the medical dosimetrist participants credits earned to the MDCB.
MAINTENANCE OF CERTIFICATION (MOC) - SELF ASSESSMENT MODULES (SAM)
Many AAPM members now require Maintenance of Certification (MOC) as defined by the American Board of Radiology. AAPM is offering Self-Assessment Modules (SAMs) which allow for interactive learning and self-assessment of knowledge gained during 8 designated sessions, to be submitted for ABR approval.
NEW ...The AAPM Transfers SAMs Credits to the ABR via the CME Gateway.
Update your CME Gateway account:
- Sign onto the CME Gateway.
- Click on the Organizations Tab.
- Select The American Association of Physicists in Medicine (SAMs Only)
- Enter your AAPM user ID and password and click register.
- Click on the Reports Tab to view the SAMs credit that will transfer to the ABR.
- SAMs Credits will transfer to the ABR website daily.
- The Online Evaluation system will remain open through 11:59 pm EST, Wednesday, August 29, 2012. Evaluations MUST be completed by that time for credits to be earned. After the close of the online evaluation system, registrants will be contacted with instructions for viewing the meeting transcript via the CAMPEP website. The transcript will list a description of the sessions and the number of continuing education credits obtained.
- After the evaluation system closes:
- Medical Physicist registrants will be contacted with instructions for viewing the meeting transcript via the CAMPEP website. The transcript will list a description of the sessions and the number of continuing education credits obtained.
- Credits for Medical Dosimetrist registrants will be sent electronically to the MDCB.
- Please note: You must enter your badge id and last name in order to access the CEC evaluation system. A CMD number is required or Medical Dosimetrists.
- You may only evaluate one session per time slot.
- Continuing Education Courses, Self Assessment Module Sessions (SAMs), and Symposia require you to evaluate EACH Speaker. Proffered and Moderated Poster sessions are evaluated as a whole.
- Credits will be posted by 09/10/2012.