AAPM Task Group on Small Fields and Non-Equilibrium Condition Photon Beam Dosimetry
- Collaborate with the new working group (WG on Dosimetry Calibration Protocol for Beams that are Not Compliant with TG-51) on developing a new Code of Practice for the absolute dosimetry of small radiation fields to ensure that there is no overlap between the two groups, but rather are complimentary to each other.
- Irrespective of the origin and treatment modality, review and summarize literature on small field photon beam dosimetry.
- Provide overview of the issue of CPE and characterization of small fields in homogeneous and inhomogeneous media.
- Provide information on the spectrum and shift in beam energy from rand S/ ren/mreference fields for radiation parameters such as Monte Carlo and published data.
- Review available information on the correction, perturbation factors and signal to noise ratio in the detectors used for small fields.
- Provide guidelines in measurement methods used for modeling the treatment planning systems for small fields.
- Review suitability of algorithms for beam modeling based on measurement in small fields especially in inhomogeneous medium.
- Provide uncertainty and error analysis in the measurements.
- Provide guidelines and recommendations for accurate dosimetry in small fields.