Administrative Policies and Procedures
|This Policy is No Longer Active.
| Policy number
|| Policy name
|| Policy date
||Process for Publishing AAPM Reports
| Policy source
April 21, 2006 EXCOM Meeting Minutes
| Policy text
- All AAPM Reports are available to members and the public on the AAPM web site.
- During the yearly budget submission process each Council or Administrative Committee Chair is responsible for budgeting under the appropriate group, any reports that are expected to be published in that budget year.
- Report approval process:
- Chair submits report to parent committee for approval. The parent committee can request corrections or changes at this time.
- Once parent committee approves the report, the Chair forwards the report to the parent council for approval. The parent council can request corrections or changes at this time.
- Once the parent council approves the report, the Chair forwards the report to the AAPM Programs Manager.
REPORTS PUBLISHED IN THE MEDICAL PHYSICS JOURNAL
- If the group wants the report to be printed in the Medical Physics journal, after going through the approval process outlined above, the report is forwarded to the journal and the Editor assigns a Referee to work with the parent Council in reviewing the report.
- Once the report is published in the journal, HQ makes it available on the web.
STAND ALONE REPORTS (those not published in Medical Physics Journal)
- Reports should be prepared following the guidelines provided by Medical Physics Publishing, www.medicalphysics.org
- Once the parent council approves the report, the Council Chair notifies the HQ Programs Manager in writing.
- HQ assigns an ISBN number and sends to Medical Physics Publishing for editing.
- Medical Physics Publishing provides an electronic proof to the Chair before the report is published on the web.
Return to Administrative Policies and Procedures