Administrative Policies and Procedures
| Policy number
|| Policy name
|| Policy date
||Policy on Endorsing Publications
| Policy source
February 9, 2011 Executive Committee Minutes
| Policy text
AAPM is sometimes asked to endorse publications or statements created by others. The AAPM Executive Committee may take action on the request if circumstances require. This policy applies when the AAPM receives a request that is not urgent to endorse a publication.
- The AAPM believes that this publication would be of interest to its members and/or of value internationally.
- The AAPM has not actively participated in the planning or drafting of the document.
- The AAPM is not financially involved.
- The publication's copyright is owned by a government or non-profit entity. Any financial proceeds accrue to that entity and not individuals or for-profit entities.
- AAPM reviews the publication for consistency with any relevant AAPM publications and scientific/technical accuracy.
- It is encouraged, but not required, that AAPM's review be considered during the drafting of the document.
- The requesting entity may use the AAPM logo with the words "endorsed by the AAPM" on the publication when approved.
- The AAPM Executive Committee refers the publication to the appropriate Council(s) for the review and decision about endorsement.
- Endorsement will be documented in the Council minutes.
Return to Administrative Policies and Procedures