Administrative Policies and Procedures
| Policy number
|| Policy name
|| Policy date
|| Process for Publishing AAPM Reports
| Policy source
December 12, 2012 EXCOM Meeting Minutes
| Policy text
- All AAPM Reports will be made available to members and the public through the AAPM website.
- Councils are responsible for budgeting costs necessary for report publication from groups under that council. Councils will determine the appropriate means of budgeting costs.
- Once reports have been approved by the parent council, the Council Chair will forward the report to AAPM HQ staff (Programs Manager) for publication.
REPORTS PUBLISHED IN AAPM JOURNALS
- If the group, in accordance with its parent committee and council, wants the report to be printed in one of the AAPM journals, the Council Chair will forward the report to that journal after its approval, and request that the journal Editor assign Associate Editors and/or Referees to work with the parent Council during the journal's review process.
- Once the report is published in the journal, AAPM HQ will make the report, as published, available through the AAPM website. In cases where the journal required editing of the report such that not all material contained in the Council-approved report is included in the journal's publication, an addendum, with approval of the group creating the report and the Council, can be associated with the AAPM web publication.
STAND ALONE REPORTS (those not published in a Journal)
- Reports should be prepared following the guidelines provided by Medical Physics Publishing, www.medicalphysics.org
- Once the parent council approves the report, the Council Chair notifies the AAPM HQ staff (Programs Manager) in writing with a copy of the report.
- AAPM staff will process the report in accordance with its procedures and the agreement with Medical Physics Publishing and send the report to Medical Physics Publishing for editing.
- Medical Physics Publishing provides an electronic proof to the Chair before the report is published through the AAPM website.
Return to Administrative Policies and Procedures