- To review the literature and summarize the historical development of HIFU therapy, clinical findings to date, and current trends in research.
- To review relevant clinical products and describe the components in detail with an assessment of capabilities and current technology limitations.
- To recommend standards for quality assurance and quality management, including commissioning, periodic QA, patient-specific QA, and periodic QM.
- To determine criteria for designing and establishing an FUS facility including equipment, personnel resources, protocols, and credentialing.
- To recommend documentation standards for prescribing, reporting, and recording MRgFUS treatment data.
|Bylaws:||Not Referenced.Rules: Not Referenced.
|Approved Date(s)||Start: 9/21/2009
|Most recent status update:||1. Contents of the final TG report have been approved by the committee
2. Assignments for the various sections of the report are being finalized and distributed among the members, including:
* Description and Review of the technical and clinical problem
* Description and review of treatment delivery technology and physics problems
* Establish Terminology and Reporting Conventions
* Establish standards for Commissioning, Quality Assurance, and Quality Management
* Clinical Implementation of FUS
3. Scheduled TG meeting at AAPM Vancouver should be final session before creation of the report to submit to the TPC in Fall 2011.
- [4/1/2011 by David Schlesinger] Click to update.
None on file.
2017 RosterView 2016 Roster
An error occurred on the server when processing the URL. Please contact the system administrator.
If you are the system administrator please click here
to find out more about this error.