IMPORTANT NEWS: MedPhys Match for 2015 Residency Matching!
August 7, 2014: AAPM and SDAMPP announce the creation of MedPhys Match,
a medical physics residency-matching program for graduate students and postgraduate trainees.
MedPhys Match will be conducted beginning this Fall, 2014, for the residency year beginning
July 1, 2015. SDAMPP endorsed the creation
of MedPhys Match at its July 21, 2014 Board of Directors meeting, including financial support.
AAPM endorsed the creation of MedPhys Match
at its July 24, 2014, Board of Directors meeting, including substantial financial support.
The MedPhys Match will be
administered by National Matching Services, Inc.
(NMS), on behalf of AAPM and SDAMPP.
Applicants that are registered with NMS (starting Oct 1, 2014) will obtain an NMS ID that
can be entered into their MP-RAP profile. This will enable them to apply, without charge,
to any position within MP-RAP that is also participating in the MedPhys Match.
Please ensure that your browser meets the requirements listed on the
Applicant Home or in the FAQ. Failure to use a compatible browser and recommended settings
functionality. Be sure to check your documents on the Documents page to make sure they are
correct. You are responsible for making sure that your application is complete and accurate.
The Medical Physics Residency Application Program (MP-RAP) is a program started by the AAPM Workgroup for Coordination of Medical Physics Residency Programs (WGCMPR) to do the following.
- Make it easier for applicants to apply for residency programs.
- Reduce administrative burden for residency programs that have to process these applications.
The application will ask for the following information.
- Personal information (name, address, contact information)
- ABR certification status
- Disclosure of criminal behavior, academic violations, and/or licensure actions
- Employment history
- Military service history (if applicable)
- Education (undergraduate and graduate)
- Names of 3 references (including one from current advisor or department head)
- Personal statement (max 3000 characters) indicating why you want to go into medical physics, and anything else you want to communicate to the applications reviewers (this is instead of a cover letter).
- Uploaded CV (should include awards, publications and presentations)
- Transcripts and a copy of TOEFL results (if applicable)
- Can be uploaded, or
- Official copies can be mailed to Clinical Medical Physics Residency Application, One Physics Ellipse, College Park, MD 20740
If you are already registered in the MP-RAP, please click here to begin entering your Personal Information. If not, click here to register.
- Recommended Browsers include:
- Internet Explorer 8 (or above)
- Firefox 6 (or above, for Mac and Windows)
- Chrome 11 (or above, for Mac and Windows)
- Opera 10 (or above, for Mac and Windows)
- Safari 5 (or above, for Mac and Windows)
- Recommended minimum screen resolution: 1024 x 768
- Other recommended settings:
- Allow Pop-up Windows from AAPM.ORG
- Browser plugin to display PDF (Acrobat 8 or higher required for some files)
- Accept/allow Browser cookies from AAPM.ORG