All sessions and technical exhibits will take place in the Minneapolis Convention Center, 1301 Second Avenue South in Minneapolis. An expanded education program, combined with an enhanced professional program, will offer significant opportunity to gain practical knowledge on emerging technical and professional issues. A major focus of the scientific program is the increasing integration of advanced imaging concepts in the routine practice of various therapies, especially radiotherapy.
Continuing Education Credits
You have until August 24 to complete the ONLINE EVALUATION. The Online Evaluation System will remain posted until August 24. After midnight, August 24 the evaluation system will be removed and you will not have the opportunity to acquire MPCEC credit for the 2007 Annual Meeting or Review Courses.
EVALUATION SUMMARY - Link here if you have completed your evaluation and would like to view the summary of your evaluation information that will be submitted to CAMPEP. You will need your badge id number.
DON'T HAVE YOUR BADGE ID NUMBER? - Link here, enter your email address and the badge id number will be emailed to you.
Meeting Program Now On-Line
Visit the Vendors - Buyers Guide and Floorplan Now On-Line
Two review courses will be offered again this year; one in Radiation Therapy Physics and one in Diagnostic Physics.
Abstract Submission System
- Login to view abstract submission dispositions
- System is now open for Invited Speaker submissions only.
New in 2007!
Completion of two Self Assessment Modules (SAMs) per year is a requirement for the Maintenance of Certification (MOC) process as defined by the American Board of Radiology (ABR). AAPM program organizers have identified sessions in Diagnostic, Nuclear Medicine and Therapy Physics to be offered with audience response technology at the annual meeting in 2007:
- Diagnostic - 4
- Nuclear Medicine - 2
- Therapy - 4
These sessions will allow those who require MOC to fulfill their SAMs requirements. Credits for these sessions are available only to attendees who pre-register for the modules. No SAMs registration will be offered on-site in Minneapolis.
Please note that the SAMs sessions are open to everyone, but only those pre-registered for the audience response technology will be eligible to receive an interactive response unit. Questions will be asked during the SAMs sessions, and participants must answer electronically in order to receive certification. There is no pass/fail. The idea is to assess knowledge gained during the session.
2007 AAPM Annual Meeting – CD Rom/pre-order online
Selected presentation given during the 2007 Annual Meeting will be available via CD Rom following the meeting. You now have the opportunity to pre-order CD roms via the online registration process.
Presentations will include:
- streaming audio of the speakers
- transcription of the audio presentations
- slides of the presentations
A complete list of the CD Rom content will be available at the Conference Recordings desk in Minneapolis.
- These CD-Roms are PC & Mac compatible only and will not play in your audio or home CD player.
- Shipment of these CD-Roms will take place upon the AAPM reviewing all content.
CD ROM PRICES Continental U.S. Shipments
(includes shipping and handling)
(includes shipping and handling)
Therapy CD Set
$ 149.95 Best value!
Therapy CD Set
$ 174.95 Diagnostic Imaging CD $ 89.95 Diagnostic Imaging CD $ 104.95 Therapy CD $ 89.95 Therapy CD $ 104.95
AAPM staff members realize the amount of waste created by a single meeting. Most green ideas cost nothing extra, and some even save our association money. In an effort to be more environmentally responsible, we're working toward a greener meeting by taking these steps:
- The pocket program will be printed on 30% post-consumer recycled paper with soy-based ink.
- The Minneapolis Convention Center's designated caterer will recycle food scraps by donating them to local pig farmers.
- Review Course materials will be inserted into binders of 35% post-consumer recycled cardboard.
- A big thank you to Kelber Catering, for providing the environmentally-friendly packaging for box lunches, made from 100% recycled fully biodegradable material.
- Look for recycling bins for bottles, newspapers and general trash in the convention center.
- AAPM convention hotels in Minneapolis conserve energy and water. Unless
directed by guests, hotels will launder bed linens every 3rd day and at check-out, and launder towels only when left on the floor.
- New badgeholders this year can be used again next year. Or we'll recycle them for you. At the meeting's conclusion, consider dropping off your badgeholder in the badge recycling bin near the AAPM Registration Desk. (But save that badge ID number if you haven't yet completed the on-line CEC evaluation, or printed a receipt.)
Dates to Remember
|NOW AVAILABLE||2007 AAPM Annual Meeting website - view the site for the most up to date meeting and abstract submission information.|
|January 8||Web site activated to receive electronic abstract submissions.|
(3 PM ET)
|Deadline for receipt of 300 word abstracts and supporting data.|
|March 7||Meeting Registration and Housing available on-line.|
|By April 17||Authors notified of presentation disposition.|
|By May 11||Annual Meeting Scientific Program available on aapm.org|
|June 1||Meeting Registration Deadline to receive Discounted Registration Fees.|
|June 25||No refunds given for cancellations received after this time. On-line registration closes. On-site registration only after this date.|
|June 25||On-line housing closes.|
|July 22-26||AAPM Annual Meeting – Minneapolis Convention Center, Minneapolis, MN|
|July 27-29||AAPM Summer School - Shielding Methods for Medical Facilities: Diagnostic Imaging, PET, and Radiation Therapy - St. John's University, Collegeville, MN|