Clinical dosimetry for radiotherapy covers the most important task in clinical medical physics: getting the dose measured correctly. Topics covered will include fundamentals of dosimetry, theory and application of AAPM dosimetry protocols (TG51-accelerators, TG61-x rays, TG43-brachytherapy), IMRT dosimetry, primary standards and the dosimetry chain to the clinic, instrumentation from ion chambers to MOSFETs and everything in between. There will be plenty of opportunity to interact with the Summer School faculty during this 4.5 day meeting in the Pike's Peak region of scenic Colorado.
Hardcover proceedings with CD (1,128 pages) now available from Medical Physics Publishing
[click for ordering information]
See more 2009 AAPM Summer School Photos in
AAPM's flickr Photostream
Online Evaluation System - Available June 21 - July 20
MEDICAL PHYSICS CONTINUING EDUCATION CREDITS (MPCEC - CAMPEP)
The 2009 AAPM Summer School has been approved for continuing education credit by the Commission on Accreditation of Medical Physics Education Programs, Inc. (CAMPEP). For each hour of verified attendance 1 medical physics continuing education credit (MPCEC) will be awarded.
CAMPEP Credits - Available August 20
(via CAMPEP website)
MEDICAL DOSIMETRIST CERTIFICATION BOARD (MDCB)
The 2009 AAPM Summer School has been approved by the Medical Dosimetrist Certification Board (MDCB) for continuing education credit hours. To obtain credit, attendees must complete an on-line evaluation survey.
MDCB Credits - Available August 24
(recipients will be contacted by HQ)
- The survey will be available online Sunday, June 21 thru Monday, July 20.
- Attendees must complete the survey by July 20 in order to receive CAMPEP or MDCB credit.
- After the evaluation system closes:
- Medical Physicist registrants will be contacted with instructions for viewing the meeting transcript via the CAMPEP website. The transcript will list a description of the sessions and the number of continuing education credits obtained.
- Medical Dosimetrist registrants will be provided with a transcript from AAPM HQ listing credits earned to be used for self reporting credits to the MDCB.
- Please note your badge I.D. will be required in order to complete the CEC evaluation survey.
On-Line Evaluation System is Closed
Dates to Remember
|March 23||Colorado College Housing|
|February 27||Deadline to submit scholarship application|
|Meeting Registration Deadline to receive Discounted Registration Fees|
|June 1||No refunds for Colorado College campus housing after this date.|
|June 5||No refunds given for registration cancellations received after this time. On-line registration closes. On-site registration only after this date.|
|June 21||On-line evaluation system open.|
|July 20||On-line evaluation system closes.|
|August 20||CAMPEP credits available via the CAMPEP Medical Physics Continuing Education Credit (MPCEC) Repository http://www.campep.org/mainlaunchsite.asp|
|August 24||MDCB credits available; recipients will be contacted by HQ.|