All sessions will take place in the Bodek Lounge, Houston Hall on the University of Pennsylvania campus in Philadelphia. Houston Hall, located at 3417 Spruce Street, is part of the Perelman Quad area.
Institute of Contemporary Art -
118 S 36th Street
Admission is free
Open Wednesday through Friday, 12pm - 8pm
Saturday and Sunday, 11am - 5pm
Closed Monday and Tuesday
UPenn Museum of Archaeology and Anthropology -
3260 South Street
$10 suggested admission donation
Open Tuesday through Saturday: 10am - 4:30pm; Sunday: 1pm - 5pm
This meeting program has been approved by the Commission on Accreditation of Medical Physics Education Programs, Inc. (CAMPEP) for 19.58 credits.
- To obtain continuing education credit, attendees must complete an on-line evaluation survey.
- The survey will be available online Thursday, July 22 through Friday, August 20.
- Attendees must complete the survey by August 20 in order to receive CAMPEP.
- After the meeting:
- Medical Physicist registrants will be contacted with instructions for viewing the meeting transcript via the CAMPEP website. The transcript will list a description of the sessions and the number of continuing education credits obtained.
- Please note your badge I.D. will be required in order to complete the CEC evaluation survey.
The survey is now closed.
Maintenance of Certification
All registrants are expected to participate in the entire program and complete a Self-Directed Educational Project (SDEP) as outlined by the Maintenance of Certification program of the American Board of Radiology.
Registrants must identify the area(s) in which improvement and/or augmentation as a medical physics teacher is needed or would be of value. The approach to a SDEP must be prospective and must be defined in advance. This part of the SDEP will be accomplished at the workshop. The components of the SDEP include:
- Significance: a statement of the educational need
- Approach: a list of activities designated to address the need
- Evaluation of Achievement with an initial (prospective) statement and a final (summary) statement at the time of completion
- Impact on Practice/Outcome Statement: with an initial (prospective) statement and a final (summary) statement at the time of completion
Guidance in preparing a SDEP to become a better teacher will be provided during the Summer School.
|Thursday, July 22||
5:00pm-8:00pm, Room 225 Houston Hall
|Friday, July 23||
7:30am-5:00pm, Room 225 Houston Hall
|Saturday, July 24||
8:00am-5:00pm, Room 225 Houston Hall
|Sunday, July 25||
8:00am-12:15pm, Room 225 Houston Hall
AAPM wishes to take any steps required to ensure that no individual with a disability is excluded, denied services, segregated or otherwise treated differently due to the absence of auxiliary aids and services identified in the Americans with Disabilities Act. If any such services are necessary in order for you to participate in the Summer School, please communicate your needs well in advance by completing the special services question when pre-registering on-line.
Neither AAPM nor the University of Pennsylvania provide childcare. Children are always welcome at AAPM Summer Schools, but for their own safety, minors must be supervised at all times.
AAPM Meetings Manager
One Physics Ellipse
College Park, MD 20740-3846
Tel: (301) 209-3382
Fax: (301) 209-0862