Objectives & Outline
- Provide a general overview of accreditation programs.
- Explain the process and timeline for attaining accreditation.
- Describe specific responsibilities of physicists in accredited facilities.
- Provide practical tips for physicists such as writing or updating policies and procedures.
- Present best practices for preparing for accreditation site visits.
- Financial preparation including budgeting and impact on reimbursement.
- Prepare the physicist to serve as a team leader and coordinate the efforts of radiation oncologists, dosimetrists, and radiation therapists to meet initial and ongoing accreditation requirements.
All sessions take place in Evergreen Ballroom AB unless otherwise noted.
|Friday, March 14|
|7:00am - 8:00am Registration / Continental Breakfast / Vendor Time|
|8:00am - 8:15am||Welcome and Introduction|
|8:15am - 9:00am||ACR Physicist talk - Elizabeth Shiner|
|9:00am - 9:45am||ACR Reviewer talk - Jennifer Johnson|
|9:45am - 10:15am Coffee Break / Vendor Time|
|10:15am - 11:00am||ACRO Physicist talk - Greg Bednarz|
|11:00am - 11:45am||ACRO Reviewer talk - Claudio Sibata|
|11:45am - 1:00pm Lunch in Evergreen CD|
|1:00pm - 2:00pm||ASTRO's Accreditation Program for Excellence (APEx) - Yan Yu|
|2:00pm - 2:45pm||Focus Session #1: ACR Failures and Fixes
Moderator: Russ Tarver
Speakers: Elizabeth Shiner, Jennifer Johnson
|2:45pm - 3:15pm Coffee Break / Vendor Time|
|3:15pm - 4:00pm||Focus Session #2: ACRO Failures and Fixes
Moderator: Steve de Boer
Speakers: Greg Bednarz, Claudio Sibata
|4:00pm - 4:45pm||Focus Session #3: Policies and Procedures
Speakers: de Boer, Pavord
|4:45pm - 5:00pm||Wrap Up and Conclusion|
Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital
Russell Tarver, The Center for Cancer and Blood Disorders
Steven de Boer,
|Greg Bednarz, University of Pittsburgh Medical Center||Elizabeth Shiner,
|Jennifer Johnson, MD Anderson Cancer Center||Yan Yu, Thomas Jefferson University|
|Claudio Sibata, Radiation Therapy Services, Inc|