Vendors with an interest in medical physics or related equipment, products, and services are invited to participate at the inaugural AAPM Spring Clinical Meeting Technical Exhibits.
The Technical Exhibit will be an integral part of the Spring Clinical Meeting program. Its purpose is to further the scientific, technical, and educational advancement of the theory and practice of medical physics and the related arts and sciences.
We hope you'll plan to join us!
|Exhibitor Registration||2:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m.||7:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.||7:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.||7:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.|
|Exhibit Set Up||2:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m.||7:00 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.|
|Exhibit Hours||12:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m.
6:30 p.m. – 8:30 p.m.
|9:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.||9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.|
|Refreshment and Lunch Breaks in Exhibit Area||Break:
3:00 p.m. – 3:30 p.m.
6:30 p.m. – 8:30 p.m.
9:30 a.m. – 10:00 a.m.
12:00 p.m. – 1:30 p.m.
3:30 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.
9:30 a.m. -10:00 a.m.
12:00 p.m. – 1:30 p.m.
3:30 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.
|Exhibit Dismantling||4:00 p.m. - 5:00 pm|
|january 9||Exhibit Contract and Sponsorship Application Due for First Round Assignments|
|january 18||Table Assignment Confirmation Letters and On-Line Buyers Guide Information Entry Opens|
|february 1||Last day to reserve Sponsorships items|
|february 16||Exhibitor Personnel Registration Available|
|february 17||Last date to receive a refund for Table Space cancellation (minus 10%)|
|FEBRUARY 22||Last day to make Hotel Reservations at the group rate.|
|February 27||Online Buyers Guide Information Entry closes|
The Spring Clinical Meeting is designed to help Medical Physicists integrate emerging technologies into the clinical environment, keep abreast of regulatory and accreditation related issues, and provide a forum for the exchange of ideas in support of practice quality improvement.
Vendors with an interest in medical physics or related equipment, products, and services are invited to participate at the inaugural AAPM Spring Clinical Meeting and Technical Exhibits.
The AAPM 2012 Spring Clinical Meeting will be held at The Westin Galleria Hotel. Located within the Galleria Dallas shopping center, the Westin offers a world of activities right outside your door. The 200-plus shops, restaurants, and other attractions are right next door. Whether you are looking for a night of great music at the Morton H. Meyerson Symphony Center or trendy restaurant dining on Lower Greenville Avenue, Dallas offers endless diversions.
The Westin Galleria Hotel
13340 Dallas Parkway
Dallas, Texas 75240
AAPM will use the Dallas Ballroom, sections 1 and 2 for the Exhibits.
- The group rate for AAPM will be $159++ per night.
- You must make your hotel reservation by February 22nd to get the group rate.
- To reserve your hotel room go to:
- Westin Galleria Dallas
- Select "Reserve" (under Overview)
- Enter dates, etc. and select "Search"
- Verify your information and select "Reserve"
- Continue entering your personal information
- Call Westin Reservations at 1-888-627-8536 and say you are with AAPM to get the group rate.
Our Leverage to Negotiate Future Hotel Rates Depends on You
Help us maintain AAPM's excellent track record to avoid future attrition clauses in hotel contracts:
- Please do not "book outside the block." Make your reservations in the contracted meeting hotel, using the reservation link or phone number provided.
- Book your room reservation early and as accurately as possible. We recognize that unforeseen conditions may alter plans, but by communicating changes and cancellations early, you allow another participant to fill your vacant room.
- Tell us if you find a lower rate at the contracted meeting hotel over the same dates. AAPM negotiates for the lowest available rate; if you find a lower rate, this may constitute a breach of contract with the hotel.
The Westin Galleria Hotel is just a 20 minute drive from both Love Field Airport and Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport.
Driving Directions from Dallas Love Field Airport:
Turn left onto Mockingbird Lane. Stay in the left lane and take the Dallas Tollway North. Take the Galleria/Alpha Exit. The hotel will be on the northeast corner (approximately 9 miles from the airport).
Driving Directions from Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport:
Take the North Airport Exit to Interstate 635 East. Proceed approximately 10 miles. Take Exit 22D (Dallas Parkway North) and turn left at the second traffic light, and the hotel is on the right.
Ground Transportation from Dallas/Fort Worth Airport:
Rental Car companies:
Taxi and Limousine Service: Cab fare is approximately $35-$40 to the hotel.
- Cowboy Cab Company (214) 428-0202
- Yellow Cab Company (214) 426-6262
- Go Yellow Checker Shuttle (214) 841-1900
- Super Shuttle/Execu Car (972) 615-2410
- Carey Limousine Dallas (214) 638-4828
Apply early for your Visa!
Visa applicants are advised to apply as soon as they decide to travel to the United States, and at least three to four months in advance of their travel date. The following sites have additional information on applying for a visa:
Need a Visa letter inviting you to the Spring Clinical Meeting? Generate one below.
Visa Letter of Invitation
On behalf of the American Association of Physicists in Medicine, I am pleased to invite you to attend the 2012 AAPM Sping Clinical Meeting to be held at the Westin Galleria, Dallas, Texas March 17-20, 2012.
|AAPM Member Discount EARLY (PRIOR TO 11:59pm on FEB. 8)||$600||AAPM Member AFTER FEB. 8||$800|
|AAPM Non-member Discount EARLY (PRIOR TO 11:59pm on FEB. 8)||$1200||AAPM Non-member AFTER FEB. 8||$1865|
The housing information pertaining to the 2012 Spring Clinical Meeting will be available on our website at http://www.aapm.org/meetings/2012SCM in early December 2011.
Angela R. Keyser
AAPM Executive Director
The Dallas Convention and Visitors Bureau has a comprehensive page for visitors. For some points of interest in Dallas, visit some of the links below:
- Dallas World Aquarium
Though it has its share of marine life, the aquarium is much more, featuring a South American rainforest and other exhibits. The Dallas World Aquarium is a unique event facility in the Historic West End District. Features 80,000 gallons of saltwater exhibits including sharks, stingrays, and hundreds of reef fish all in living coral reef ecosystems. Guest are surrounded by tropical plants and animals from around the world.
- The Sixth Floor Museum at Dealey Plaza
From its location in the former Texas School Book Depository, The Sixth Floor Museum at Dealey Plaza provides a comprehensive exhibit on the life, death, and legacy of President John F. Kennedy. Opening February 16, 2009, "A Photographer's Story: Bob Jackson and the Kennedy Assassination," presents the captivating work of the former Dallas Times Herald photographer who won a Pulitzer Prize for his image of Jack Ruby shooting Lee Harvey Oswald.
- Public Artwalk Dallas
Get closer to the art and architecture of Dallas with the Business Council for the Arts' 30-stop, 3.3-mile walking tour, Public ArtWalk Dallas. Maps are available online and at various locations along the route. Online, find out how many calories you've burned and the number of steps taken, along with fitness tips and details, and downloadable MP3 files.
- Dallas Symphony Orchestra
The Dallas Symphony Orchestra presents year-round classical, pops and summer concerts in the internationally acclaimed Morton H. Meyerson Symphony Center. The DSO is the largest performing arts organization in the Southwest, and recently named world-renowned conductor Jaap van Zweden as music director.
- Entertainment Districts
Various cultural and entertainment districts in and around downtown Dallas offer visitors an exciting assortment of activities. The city’s many entertainment districts meet any visitor’s needs. From family-friendly offerings and quaint settings to vibrant nightlife and exciting atmospheres, you can do and see it all in Dallas’ various neighborhoods.
- New York Magazine ranked the Dallas area as the “No. 1 City Worldwide for Art Lovers.” Find out why in the Dallas Arts District.
- At the heart of the city is Downtown Dallas, with its growing nightlife and historic shopping and hotels. Highlights including dining at Dallas Fish Market and the Adolphus' famous French Room. Visitors can stay at the historic Magnolia Hotel, shop at the flagship Neiman Marcus store and end the day with drinks at the rooftop bar at Joule Dallas hotel.
- The 55-acre West End Historic District is the center of tourist activity, featuring the Sixth Floor Museum and Wild Bill's Western Store
The meeting attire is business casual for the AAPM Spring Clinical Meeting.
AAPM wishes to take any steps required to ensure that no individual with a disability is excluded, denied services, segregated or otherwise treated differently due to the absence of auxiliary aids and services identified in the Americans with Disabilities Act. If any such services are necessary in order for you to participate in the AAPM Spring Clinical Meeting, please communicate your needs well in advance by marking the "special needs" box when pre-registering.
A Companions' Welcome Lounge will be available to registered companions of the AAPM Spring Clinical Meeting in the Options Room at the Westin Galleria Hotel.
Hours of Operation:
- Saturday, March 17: 1:00 pm - 5:00 pm
- Sunday, March 18: 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
- Monday, March 19: 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
- Tuesday, March 20: 8:00 am - 3:00 pm
The AAPM will not be sponsoring child care during this meeting. The concierge at your hotel may be able to assist you with special child care arrangements.