Self Assessment Modules (SAM)
MAINTENANCE OF CERTIFICATION (MOC) as defined by the ABR:
Many AAPM members now require Maintenance of Certification (MOC) as defined by the American Board of Radiology (ABR). At least 75 continuing education (CE) credits are required every 3 years. CE credits may be met by a combination of Category 1 credits (CAMPEP or ACCME) and self-directed educational projects (SDEPs). At least 25 of the 75 CE credits must be self-assessment CE (SA-CE). Other than ABR prequalified SAMs and SDEPs, the ABR will count all AMA Category 1 CME activities in “enduring materials” (including webbased and print) and “journal-based CME” formats toward the MOC self-assessment requirement. SAMS are not required, but can be used to meet the (SA-CE) requirements. Information regarding the MOC requirments can be found at What is MOC.
To assist attendees who require MOC , the AAPM will offer 17 ABR approved SAMs sessions.
- Attendees will need to register for an audience response unit when they register for the annual meeting. The fee for the SAMs unit is $16.
- The audience response unit will be available onsite in the Speaker Ready Room.
- Questions will be asked during the SAMs sessions and participants must answer electronically. There is no pass/fail. The idea is to assess knowledge gained during the session.
- SAM credit for these sessions are available only to attendees who register for an audience response unit ahead of time and complete the required online evaluation of the session.
- At the end of the meeting, please return your audience response unit to the Speaker Ready Room.
- Post meeting, AAPM will provide the ABR with required statistical information of the SAMs program.
- To confirm attendance, attendees must complete the online survey for the SAMs session. Please note your badge I.D. is required in order to complete the on-line survey.
The AAPM Transfers SAMs Credits to the ABR via the CME Gateway.
Update your CME Gateway account:
- Sign onto the CME Gateway.
- Click on the Participating Organizations Tab.
- Select The American Association of Physicists in Medicine (SAMs/SA-CME)
- Enter your AAPM user ID and password and click register.
- Click on the Reports Tab to view the SAMs credit that will transfer to the ABR.
- SAMs Credits will transfer to the ABR website daily.
Don't require Maintenance of Certification, but still want to sit in on a SAMs session?
No problem. The sessions are open to everyone. An audience response unit is not required to attend.