|Advancing the Science, Education and|
Professional Practice of Medical Physics
February 21, 2014
ITEMS OF NOTE
- Radiation Oncology Program Accreditation Meeting
March 14, 2014; Denver, CO
Registration and Housing open.
- AAPM Spring Clinical Meeting
March 15-18, 2014; Denver, CO
Meeting Program now available.
- AAPM Summer School -
SRS/SBRT/SABR: Safely and Accurately Delivering
High-Precision, Hypofractionated Treatments
June 22-26, 2014; Burlington, VT
Deadline to submit scholarship application:
- AAPM Annual Meeting
July 20-24, 2014; Austin, TX
Abstract Submission now open.
- Chapter Meetings
View Future Meetings
GRANTS & FELLOWSHIPS
- Image Gently/ALARA CT Summit: February 21 - 22, 2014; Orlando, FL
- Winter Institute of Medial Physics: February 22 - 26, 2014; Breckenridge, CO
- Margaret Cancer Centre Accelerator Technology Education Course: March 3 - 6, 2014; Toronto, Canada
- ESTRO 33: April 4 - 8, 2014; Vienna, Austria
- RSS 2014 SRS/SBRT Scientific Meeting: May 8 - 10, 2014; Minneapolis, MN
- XII Argentinean Meeting of Medical Physics/ I Meeting of Medical Physics of the Americas/ I AATMN Meeting of Nuclear Medicine and Diagnostic Imaging: May 18 - 21, 2014; Buenos Aires, Argentina
- MR in RT Workshop: May 22 - 23, 2014; St. Louis, MO
- Medical Physics Calendar
AGENCY FOR HEALTHCARE RESEARCH AND QUALITY (AHRQ)
- The Research Seed Funding Grant
Application deadline: March 10th.
- The AAPM Fellowship for the Training of a
Doctoral Candidate in the Field of Medical Physics
Application deadline: April 17th.
INTERNATIONAL ATOMIC ENERGY AGENCY (IAEA)
- The Mammography Quality Standards Act and Program (MQSA) National Statistics have been updated.
- CDHRNew - News and Updates
IAEA Radiation Protection of Patients (RPOP)
Latest News and Updates:
Joint Commission Online - February 5, 2014
In this issue:
View the Issue Here
- Free online SIRAS training helps physicians diagnose and treat influenza; CE credits offered
- Chest Pain Certification option now available
- VAD for Destination Therapy requirements revised to align with CMS
- Former Joint Commission Board Chairman Fred Brown named to Health Care Hall of Fame
- Free guides help leaders and physicians develop patient safety strategies, improve bedside care
- Medline University features Speak Up™ videos on Patient Education website
- HIMSS14 focuses on IT challenges and solutions for making healthcare safer
- New on the web
- CMS Targets Outpatient Specialty Services in Episodic Payments
|The AAPM E-News is a collection of news and information that affects the field of Medical Physics.
It does not necessarily reflect the views, opinions, official policy or position of AAPM, their staff or affiliates.
Copyright 2014, AAPM, One Physics Ellipse, College Park, MD 20740