Continuing Education Credits
The AAPM will apply to the Commission on Accreditation of Medical Physics Education Programs, Inc. (CAMPEP) for continuing education credit hours for the meeting program, which will include both the AAPM Diagnostic and Therapy Physics Review courses. Attendees will receive medical physics continuing education credits for sessions attended as outlined below. AAPM will request up to eight (8) credits for general poster viewing.
An outline of available credits per session time blocks may be viewed here.
To obtain credit, attendees must complete an on-line evaluation survey.
Following the meeting and the close of the AAPM/COMP online evaluation system, AAPM will provide CAMPEP with participant contact information, credits earned, and the appropriate processing fees in order for individual participants to access their personal 2011 Joint AAPM/COMP Meeting transcript via the CAMPEP online MPCEC Repository database. Please be advised, CAMPEP transcripts are viewable via the CAMPEP online MPCEC Repository database. Participants will not receive a hardcopy CAMPEP transcript. Should a participant need a hardcopy of the 2011 Joint AAPM/COMP Meeting transcript, an individual may order a hardcopy transcript from CAMPEP. View details here.
Note: Individuals registered as Companions are not eligible for MPCEC.
CONTINUING EDUCATION PROGRAM OBJECTIVES
- Review basic knowledge of diagnostic and therapeutic techniques.
- Conduct sessions on the current state of the art and standards of practice.
- Provide a peer interchange forum for exchanging information and concepts
Medical Physics Continuing Education Credits
- The AAPM 2011 AAPM Annual Meeting has been approved by the Commission on Accreditation of Medical Physics Education Programs, Inc. (CAMPEP).
- The following outlines the number of credits an individual could earn for participating at the meeting (link to a PDF?).
- In order to obtain credits, attendees must evaluate ONE session during the designated time blocks.
MAINTENANCE OF CERTIFICATION (MOC) as defined by ABR
Many AAPM members now require Maintenance of Certification (MOC) as defined by the American Board of Radiology. AAPM is offering Self-Assessment Modules (SAMs) which allow for interactive learning and self-assessment of knowledge gained during 8 designated sessions, to be submitted for ABR approval. Deadline to register for SAMs is July 8. How Do I Register for SAMs sessions/credits at the 2011 Annual Meeting?
The AAPM will apply to the Medical Dosimetrist Certification Board (MDCB) for continuing education credit hours for the meeting program, which includes the Review Courses.
To obtain credit, attendees must complete an on-line evaluation survey. Message Center/CEC kiosks are available in the convention center for this purpose.
Following the meeting, AAPM will provide medical dosimetrist participants with a transcript of credits earned to be used for self reporting credits to the MDCB.
ONLINE EVALUATION SYSTEM
- To obtain credit, attendees must complete an on-line evaluation survey. Message Center/CEC kiosks are available in the convention center for this purpose.
- The Online Evaluation System will also be available via the AAPM website. You may use your own laptop at the Wireless Lounge in the Exhibit Hall, or in the comfort of your hotel room.
- The Online Evaluation system will remain open through 11:59 pm EST, Thursday, September 1. Evaluations MUST be completed by that time for credits to be earned. After the close of the online evaluation system, registrants will be contacted with instructions for viewing the meeting transcript via the CAMPEP website. The transcript will list a description of the sessions and the number of continuing education credits obtained.
- Please note: You must enter your badge id and last name in order to access the CEC evaluation system.
- Credits will be posted by 9/16/2011.