- Poster Display Dimensions:
Best in Physics Posters - 8 feet wide by 4 feet high display
General Posters - 4 feet wide by 4 feet wide display
- Poster material should be printed on presentation board or stiff paper.
- Posters are increasingly taking the center stage in many scientific conferences. Think "quality" when you put your poster together. A poorly and haphazardly put together poster reflects negatively on the authors and the institution they are from.
- The text should be large enough such that it would be readily readable at a distance of 5 feet from the poster. The text should be double spaced and not smaller than 16-points.
- Note that sans-serif fonts (e.g., Arial, Helvetica) are easier to read than serif fonts (e.g., Times Roman)
- Organize the material in a sequential columnar (top-to-bottom/left-to-right) format as opposed to a row-wise format (left-to-right/top-to-bottom). This would make it easier for multiple people to read the poster at the same time.
- For Best in Physics and General Poster discussions, be prepared to interact with any interested attendees.
Poster Preparation Tutorial details here
Poster Presentations - Information and Set Up/Take Down Schedule
Posters will be displayed in Exhibit Hall C of the Vancouver Convention Centre.
Poster displays should be mounted and removed during the designated times listed below. The posters will be displayed beginning Sunday at 1:30 pm - Wednesday at 1:00 pm. If you cannot attend the entire meeting, please make arrangements for collaborators or colleagues to mount the poster prior to 12:00 pm Sunday and take it down on Wednesday. Any displays remaining after the designated take down time will be discarded.
Authors will be required to be present at their poster display during the designated time of their assigned session in order to interact with attendees.
Push pins will be provided in the poster session area of the Exhibit Hall.
(PLEASE NOTE: Velcro will NOT adhere to the display boards that will be provided at the meeting. Please make adjustments to your design in order to use push pins for mounting the poster to the board.)
Poster Display Dimensions
- Best in Physics Posters - 8 feet wide by 4 feet high display
- General Poster Presentations - 4 feet wide by 4 feet wide display
Set Up Time - All Posted Presentations
- Saturday, July 30 (8:00 am - 6:00 pm)
- Sunday, July 31 (7:00 am - 12:00 pm)
Best in Physics Poster Session
- Sunday, July 31 (3:30 pm - 4:00 pm)
- Best in Physics Theater Area - Exhibit Hall C
- Authors will be required to be present at their poster display during the designated time of the Best in Physics Poster Discussion session in order to interact with attendees.
General Poster Session
- Sunday, July 31 (3:00 pm - 6:00 pm)
- General Poster Area - Exhibit Hall C
- Authors will be required to be present at their poster display during the designated time of the General Poster Discussion session in order to interact with attendees.
Viewing Hours - All Posted Presentations
- Sunday, July 31 (12:00 pm - 7:00 pm)
- Monday - Tuesday (7:00 am - 7:00 pm)
- Wednesday, August 3 (7:00 am - 3:50 pm)
Take Down Time - All Posted Presentations
- Wednesday, August 3 (3:50 pm - 6:00 pm)
Poster Presentations - Display Set Up Guidelines and Poster Area Floorplans
To assist with locating and posting your display, please link to the Poster Area floorplan prior to your arrival in Vancouver.