Self Assessment Modules (SAM)
MAINTENANCE OF CERTIFICATION (MOC) as defined by ABR:
Many AAPM members now require Maintenance of Certification (MOC) as defined by the American Board of Radiology. AAPM is offering Self-Assessment Modules (SAMs) which allow for interactive learning and self-assessment of knowledge gained during designated sessions, to be submitted for ABR approval.
Completion of two Self Assessment Modules (SAMs) per year is a requirement for the Maintenance of Certification (MOC) process as defined by the American Board of Radiology (ABR).
To assist attendees who require MOC with fulfilling their SAMs requirements, The ABR has approved 13 SAMs sessions to be offerred at the AAPM Spring Clinical Meeting.
- Attendees will need to register for an audience response unit when they register for the annual meeting. The fee for the SAMs unit is $30.
- The audience response unit will be available onsite in the Speaker Ready Room.
- Questions will be asked during the SAMs sessions and participants must answer electronically. There is no pass/fail. The idea is to assess knowledge gained during the session.
- SAM credit for these sessions are available only to attendees who register for an audience response unit ahead of time and complete the required online evaluation of the session.
- At the end of the meeting, please return your audience response unit to the Speaker Ready Room.
- Post meeting, AAPM will provide the ABR with required statistical information of the SAMs program. AAPM will send each SAM participant an email notification once SAMs have been transferred to the CME Gateway.
- To confirm attendance, attendees must complete the online survey for the SAMs session. Please note your badge I.D. is required in order to complete the on-line survey.
NEW ...The AAPM Transfers SAMs Credits to the ABR via the CME Gateway.
Update your CME Gateway account:
- Sign onto the CME Gateway.
- Click on the Organizations Tab.
- Select The American Association of Physicists in Medicine (SAMs Only)
- Enter your AAPM user ID and password and click register.
- Click on the Reports Tab to view the SAMs credit that will transfer to the ABR.
- SAMs Credits will transfer to the ABR website daily.
Don't require Maintenance of Certification, but still want to sit in on a SAMs session?
No problem. The sessions are open to everyone. An audience response unit is not required to attend.