Self Assessment Modules (SAM)
MAINTENANCE OF CERTIFICATION (MOC) as defined by the ABR:
Many AAPM members now require Maintenance of Certification (MOC) as defined by the American Board of Radiology (ABR). At least 75 continuing education (CE) credits are required every 3 years. CE credits may be met by a combination of Category 1 credits (CAMPEP or ACCME) and self-directed educational projects (SDEPs). At least 25 of the 75 CE credits must be self-assessment CE (SA-CE). Other than ABR prequalified SAMs and SDEPs, the ABR will count all AMA Category 1 CME activities in “enduring materials” (including webbased and print) and “journal-based CME” formats toward the MOC self-assessment requirement. SAMS are not required, but can be used to meet the (SA-CE) requirements. Information regarding the MOC requirments can be found at What is MOC.
To assist attendees who require MOC, AAPM will offer many ABR approved SAM sessions. AAPM will use Poll Everywhere for tracking of SAM session attendance. The ABR requires attendance verification. SAM questions will be included as part of the online evaluation survey. SAM questions are no longer embedded in SAM presentations, so audience interaction is not needed. In order to receive SAM credit, participants must answer the questions online. There is no pass/fail. Attendees seeking SAM Credits must register for SAM session Poll Everywhere access. The Poll Everywhere administative fee is $10. SAM credit for these sessions are available only to attendees who register for Poll Everywhere ahead of time and complete the required online evaluation of the session.
Please note: a smartphone, tablet or laptop is required to use Poll Everywhere. You will need to check-in at the beginning of each SAM session on one of these devices.
To obtain SAM Credit. It's Simple…
- Via your Smart phone, iPad or laptop, you will be required to check-in on Poll Everywhere at the beginning of each SAM session. Email instructions will be sent to all SAM registrants pre-meeting.
- You must attend the entire SAM session to be eligible to receive SAM credit.
- You must complete the online evaluation survey in order to receive SAM credit. Please note your badge I.D. is required in order to complete the online evaluation survey.
Evaluate in real time! Use your phone, iPad or laptop to access the Online Evaluation System. You may go online at any time, during the session or after the session, as long as you complete the evaluation survey by the April 18 deadline.
AAPM Transfers SAM Credits to the CME Gateway.
Update your CME Gateway account:
- Sign onto the CME Gateway.
- Click on the Participating Organizations Tab.
- Select The American Association of Physicists in Medicine (SAM/SA-CME)
- Enter your AAPM user ID and password and click register.
- Click on the Reports Tab to view SAM credits.
Don't require Maintenance of Certification, but still want to sit in on a SAM session?
No problem. The sessions are open to everyone. Audience response registration is not required to attend.