The AAPM Spring Clinical Meeting, to be held at the Hilton New Orleans Riverside Hotel, will include practical information designed to help medical physicists integrate emerging technologies into the clinical environment. A program has been developed to address regulatory and accreditation related issues, and provide a forum for the exchange of ideas in support of practice quality improvement.
On Friday, March 17, just prior to the Spring Clinical Meeting, plan to attend the Quality, Safety and TG100 Workshop, a full day interactive workshop to develop competence with the tools of TG100, a structured systematic risk-based approach to quality management in radiation therapy.
- Offered again this year - the "Bring a Friend" discount - Invite a New (never attended SCM in the past) Attendee to register for the Spring Clinical Meeting and you both get a $50 discount on your registration. This is only available to AAPM member full registrants who have previously attended the Srping Clinical meeting and you must enter the name and email address of your friend when you register. The Friend will receive information regarding how to register.
- There will be a Best Poster competition! A panel of judges will score poster displays according to criteria that includes clinical relevance, originality, and organization/presentation of the material. All abstracts submitted for posters must have a clinical focus.
- The Young Investigator Award presentation will take place on Saturday evening during the Welcome Reception.
The Spring Clinical Meeting focuses on clinical topics of current interest and offers additional opportunities to meet continuing education requirements. This Meeting is designed to provide easy access for clinical physicists in a compact format for up-to-date clinical education.
New Orleans, Louisiana has been selected as the location and provides participants with flexible travel schedules from locations throughout the US. The program permits participants to meet continuing educational requirements for their clinical specialties, including SAMS on a wide variety of topics, and accommodates attendees who may be limited to participating only on the weekend, or only during weekdays. The full meeting program runs from Saturday March 18 through Tuesday March 21 and encompasses a series of topics of current clinical interest.
Discover New Orleans
- New Orleans is a magical place with a unique culture and way of life. From the French Quarter to the elegant Garden District to the music-filled Marigny, there is food, music and more to be found across New Orleans.
- Stay in the center of it all at Hilton New Orleans Riverside. It's across the street from Harrah’s Casino, attached to the Outlet Collection at the Riverwalk and just a few blocks from the French Quarter and Jackson Square.
- Things to do in New Orleans
New this year!
- SAM questions are no longer embedded in SAM presentations, so audience interaction is not needed. SAM questions will be included as part of the online evaluation survey.
AAPM will use QR code tickets for tracking of SAM session attendance. Registration is required in order to obtain SAM credit. The SAM session Admin fee is $10
Please note: At the beginning of each SAM session, you will need to drop one QR code ticket into the designated bins near the session entrance for attendance verification.
View additional SAM process information »
- This year the Saturday evening Welcome Reception will take place in the River/Port/Starboard Room in the Riverside Building, with a beautiful view of the River. Enjoy the atmosphere and mingle with other attendees and vendors in a more relaxed environment outside of the Exhibit Hall.
The program is in the beginning stages of development and we believe that this is a great opportunity to get updates, and share and compare ideas with colleagues. We hope that you will be able to attend and contribute to the success of the Spring Clinical Meeting and help to make this a continuing opportunity for the medical physics community’s education.
Dates to Remember
|October 28||Web site activated to receive abstract submission for:
|December 6||Deadline for receipt of YIS and Poster abstract submissions|
|december 7||Meeting Registration available online. (Hotel group rate available at (Hilton New Orleans Riverside Hotel)|
|December 22||Meeting Program Available|
|December 22||Authors of YIS and Poster abstract submissions notified of presentation disposition.|
|Febuary 8||Meeting Registration Deadline to receive Discounted Registration Fees.|
|February 20||Last day to make Hotel Reservations at the group rate.|
|March 18 - 21||Spring Clinical Meeting
|March 18||Online evaluation system opens.|
|April 18||Online evaluation system closes.|
|April 27||CE Credits posted|