Continuing Education Credit
The AAPM Summer School will seek approval from the Commission on Accreditation of Medical Physics Education Programs, Inc. (CAMPEP) for MPCEC continuing education credit hours.
- To obtain MPCEC credit, attendees must complete the online evaluation survey.
- The online evaluation survey will be available beginning June 10, 2017 through July 14, 2017. The system will close at 11:59 PM ET on July 14, 2017.
- Attendees must complete the survey by July 14 in order to receive MPCEC credit.
- After the meeting:
- Medical Physicist registrants will be contacted with instructions for viewing the meeting transcript via the CAMPEP website. The transcript will list a description of the sessions and the number of continuing education credits obtained.
- Please note your badge I.D. will be required in order to complete the CEC evaluation survey.
- MPCEC and SAM credits will be released by August 8, 2017.
The SAM quiz questions are available for viewing before each SAM session starts.
- The AAPM Summer School will apply to the the Medical Dosimetrist Certification Board for approval of (MDCB) credits. View Approved MDCB Credit Sessions »
- Medical Dosimetrists seeking MDCB Credit must complete the required online evaluation survey. AAPM will report MDCB credits directly to the MDCB after July 28, 2016.
- Please note your badge I.D. and CMD number will be required in order to access the online evaluation survey.
MOC/SAMs (SELF ASSESSMENT MODULES) as defined by the ABR
Many AAPM members now require Maintenance of Certification (MOC) as defined by the American Board of Radiology (ABR). At least 75 continuing education (CE) credits are required every 3 years. CE credits may be met by a combination of Category 1 credits (CAMPEP or ACCME) and self-directed educational projects (SDEPs). At least 25 of the 75 CE credits must be self-assessment CE (SA-CE). Other than ABR prequalified SAMs and SDEPs, the ABR will count all AMA Category 1 CME activities in “enduring materials” (including webbased and print) and “journal-based CME” formats toward the MOC self-assessment requirement. SAMS are not required, but can be used to meet the (SA-CE) requirements. Information regarding the MOC requirments can be found at What is MOC.
To assist attendees who require MOC, AAPM will offer ABR approved SAM sessions. AAPM will use QR code tickets for tracking of SAM session attendance. The ABR requires attendance verification. SAM questions will be included as part of the online evaluation survey. SAM questions are no longer embedded in SAM presentations, so audience interaction is not needed. In order to receive SAM credit, participants must answer the questions online. There is no pass/fail. SAM credit for these sessions is available only to attendees who complete the required online evaluation of the session and whose attendance has been verified.
Please note: You will need to drop one QR code ticket into the designated bin near the session entrance for attendance verification.
Evaluate in real time! Use your phone, iPad or laptop to access the Online Evaluation System. You may go online at any time, during the session or after the session, as long as you complete the evaluation survey by the July 14 deadline.
AAPM Transfers SAM Credits to the CME Gateway.
Update your CME Gateway account:
- Sign onto the CME Gateway.
- Click on the Tab titled "Participating Organizations"
- Select "OPT IN" to The American Association of Physicists in Medicine (SAM/SA-CME)
- Enter your AAPM user ID and password and click register.
- Click on the Aggregate Reports Tab to view the SAM credit that will transfer to the ABR.