A big welcome from The American Association of Physicists in Medicine (AAPM) and the Canadian Organization of Medical Physicists (COMP)! This year's joint program will be held in the new West expansion of the Vancouver Convention Centre. This breathtaking venue is in the heart of downtown, with the Gastown District, Stanley Park, and the natural splendor of sea and mountains as only British Columbia can offer.
The education program and professional program will offer a significant opportunity to gain practical knowledge on emerging technical and professional issues. The scientific program will feature the latest research in the physics of medical imaging and radiation therapy, including a major focus on the increasing integration on advanced imaging technologies in the guidance of medical therapeutics.
What's New This Year
- Special Ultrasound Symposium (Monday – Wednesday, August 1 - 3), including Education, Imaging, and Therapy aspects of medical ultrasound.
- A "dawn-to-dusk" program (8:00 am – 6:00 pm) of Educational, Professional and Scientific Programs will allow attendees more sessions in areas of particular interest with less parallel track overlap.
- The John S. Laughlin - Science Council Research Symposium: "Science and Engineering for Patient Safety in Therapy and Diagnostic Medical Physics".
- The John R. Cameron - John R. Cunningham Young Investigators Symposium held jointly by the AAPM and COMP.
- A new Short Oral format in addition to regular scientific talks.
- "Best in Physics" interactive theatre highlighting leading research in Imaging and Therapy.
Dates to RememberGo here for Dates to Remember.