October 7, 2018
ITEMS OF NOTE
- AAPM-ESTRO JOINT MEMBERSHIP (€ 45,45)
ESTRO now offers joint membership to all AAPM members
- Comments Requested
ACR-AAPM Collaborative Practice Parameters and Technical Standards - Comments Due October 11, 2018
- AIP Seeks Applicants for State Department Fellowship
Breaking News! We are accepting applications for the Fall 2019 term. Application deadline is October 15. Most of the foreign policy issues faced by the U.S. Department of State have a scientific or technical component. This Fellowship is intended to enhance the S&T capacity of the Department by enabling a scientist or engineer to work at the Department’s Washington, DC headquarters for a one-year term.
- Requests for Proposals
- IDMP 2018
6th International Day of Medical Physics - November 7, 2018. The theme of IDMP 2018 is ‘Medical Physics for Patient Benefit’.
- IDoR 2018
7th International Day of Radiology - November 8, 2018. This year the day is dedicated to cardiac imaging and the the increasingly important role of radiologists in cardiac care, contributing to the diagnosis, pre-procedural work-up and follow-up of patients with a wide variety of cardiac pathology, from coronary artery disease and leaky heart valves to defects in the size and shape of the heart.
- AAPM Website
Thanks for your patience through this transition to our new database. If you find a page or section of the website that is not working as it should, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org which will put things into our queue. We will then respond to let you know when it has been resolved. - the aapm IS team
- RSNA 2018
November 25 – 30, 2018; Chicago, IL
Online Program Available
- 2019 AAPM Spring Clinical Meeting
March 30 - April 2, 2019; Kissimmee, FL
Save the Date!
- 2019 AAPM Summer School
Practical Medical Image Analysis
June 3 - 7, 2019; University of Vermont
Request for Proposals (RFP) for Summer School Topics
Deadline: November 2
- AAPM 61st Annual Meeting & Exhibition
Building Bridges. Cultivating Safety. Growing Value.
July 14 - 18, 2019; San Antonio, TX
Save the Date!
- Chapter Meetings
View Future Meetings
- North Central Chapter 2018 Fall Meeting
When: October 12, 2018
Where: Oconomowoc, WI
- 2018 New England Chapter Fall Meeting
When: October 12, 2018
Where: Four Points by Sheraton, Norwood, MA
- 2018 AAPM-SCC Fall Meeting
When: October 17, 2018
Where: UCLA Wooden Center, 221 Westwood Plaza, Los Angeles, CA 90095
- 2018 DVC AAPM Fall Dinner Meeting
When: October 25, 2018
Where: Philadelphia, PA
- 2018 ORVCAAPM Fall Educational Symposium
When: November 2-3, 2018
Where: 21C Museum Hotel, Cincinnati, OH
- 2018 POC Fall Meeting
When: November 9-10, 2018
Where: HIGHLAND EVENT CENTER, TRIADELPHIA, WV
MEETINGS OF INTEREST
- Nuclear Medicine Tutorials - Covering Nuclear Medicine Basic Science: Ongoing; Online
- Magnetic Resonance Safety Expert (MRSE): October 13, 2018; Webinar
- EANM Annual Conference 2018: October 13 - 17, 2018; Dusseldorf, Germany
- 22nd Annual Mammography Update for Physicists: October 20 - 21, 2018; Charleston, SC
- The First Medical Physics Workshop in Diagnostic Imaging and Radiotherapy; December 1 - 4, 2018; Beirut, Lebanon
- Second Annual Miami Brain Symposium: December 7, 2018; Coconut Grove, FL
- Mayo Clinic Pratical Proton Therapy Seminar and Workshop: January 24 - 26, 2019; Phoenix, AZ
- CMS Update on Patients Over Paperwork and Reducing Administrative Burden
- Improper Payment for IMRT Therapy Planning Services
In a recent report, the Office of Inspector General (OIG) determined that payments for outpatient Intensity Modulated Radiation Therapy (IMRT) did not comply with Medicare billing requirements. Specifically, hospitals billed separately for complex stimulations when they were performed as part of IMRT planning. Overpayments occurred because hospitals are unfamiliar with or misinterpreted CMS guidance. Please refer to the following resources to bill correctly:
|The AAPM E-News is a collection of news and information that affects the field of Medical Physics.
It does not necessarily reflect the views, opinions, official policy or position of AAPM, their staff or affiliates.
Copyright 2018, AAPM, 1631 Prince Street, Alexandria, VA 22314