- Editor’s Picks, Point / Counterpoint, Vision 20/20 and more.
- View all free Medical Physics content.
Notice as of Monday, June 14, 2021, 7:30PM Eastern Time.
- Beginning August 1, AAPM will allow in-person meetings and AAPM-funded travel for those fully vaccinated, with the understanding that individuals may participate virtually if they do not feel comfortable traveling. Meetings at AAPM HQ must be pre-approved by EXCOM and follow guidelines established by EXCOM as appropriate to circumstances at the time of the meeting.
- AAPM Statement on Racism, Injustice and Humanity »
- COVID-19 Information for Medical Physicists »
Welcome to the AAPM website members please log in.
AAPM is a scientific and professional organization, founded in 1958, composed of more than 8000 scientists whose clinical practice is dedicated to ensuring accuracy, safety and quality in the use of radiation in medical procedures such as medical imaging and radiation therapy. We are generally known as medical physicists and are uniquely positioned across medical specialties due to our responsibility to connect the physician to the patient through the use of radiation producing technology in both diagnosing and treating people. The responsibility of the medical physicist is to assure that the radiation prescribed in imaging and radiation therapy is delivered accurately and safely.
One of the primary goals of AAPM is the identification and implementation of improvements in patient safety for the medical use of radiation in imaging and radiation therapy.
Innovations in Imaging and Radiotherapy: A More Connected World [general | posted: 2021-06-14 | sunset: 2021-07-28]
IOMP Newsletter, Vol. 3, No. 3, June 2021 [general | posted: 2021-06-14 | sunset: 2021-07-14]
Accelerating Women and Minority Physicists : Registration Open [meetings | posted: 2021-06-10 | sunset: 2021-08-19]
2021 Call for Grand Challenge Proposals [general | posted: 2021-06-03 | sunset: 2021-07-30]
Announcing the DBTex2 Challenge | DAIR Digital Breast Tomosynthesis Lesion Detection Challenge: Phase 2 [general | posted: 2021-06-03 | sunset: 2021-07-21]
The Safe Clinical Implementation of MLC Tracking in Radiotherapy: Report of AAPM Task Group 264 [publications | posted: 2021-05-24 | sunset: 2021-06-23]
AAPM Review Courses : CEC Online Evaluation System Available [meetings | posted: 2021-05-22 | sunset: 2021-07-02]
AAPM Annual Meeting & Exhibition : Meeting Program Available [meetings | posted: 2021-05-14 | sunset: 2021-07-29]
AAPM Annual Meeting & Exhibition : Registration Open [meetings | posted: 2021-04-12 | sunset: 2021-07-29]
AAPM Annual Meeting & Exhibition : Abstract Dispositions Available [meetings | posted: 2021-04-12 | sunset: 2021-07-29]
AAPM Summer School : Registration Open [meetings | posted: 2021-03-17 | sunset: 2021-06-29]