Specialty Meeting Request Form - Submission and Review Process
Individuals wishing to organize an AAPM Specialty Meeting are asked to complete the Specialty Meeting Request Form and submit accordingly.
STEP 1: MEETING CONCEPT APPROVAL
The applicant will forward the completed Specialty Meeting Request Form to one of the appropriate parent groups for approval of the meeting concept:
- Administrative Council
- Education Council
- Professional Council
- Science Council
Once approval of concept is granted, the applicant will submit the Specialty Meeting Request Form to HQ.
STEP 2: REQUEST FORM REVIEW
HQ will forward the Request Form to the Specialty Meeting Oversight Subcommittee (SMOS) for discussion. Allow 2 weeks for review of form.
If SMOS approves the Request Form:
- SMOS instructs HQ to proceed with discussion of logistical arrangements and budget preparation with Applicant.
If the SMOS does not initially approve the Request Form:
- SMOS Chair will discuss the Subcommittee's concerns with the Applicant and relay recommendations.
- Request Form to be revised and resubmitted.
STEP 3: COMPREHENSIVE APPLICATION DEVELOPMENT
Once the Specialty Meeting Request Form is approved by the SMOS, HQ will forward a copy of the 'Planner Checklist' document to the Applicant for review.
HQ will schedule a call with the Applicant in order to discuss the 'Planner Checklist' items.
After input from the Applicant, HQ will solicit bids for possible host cities/venues for the meeting and will discuss options with the Applicant.
Once a venue has been identified, HQ will coordinate with the Applicant to develop a Comprehensive Application to include the following:
- Program timeline/overview
- Logistical planning timeline
- Draft budget for the meeting
- Draft budget to reflect a 10% net return to the association.
- If Organizers plan to seek additional financial support from outside entities, a deadline date for securing commitments will be established so a final budget with set registration fees can be prepared
STEP 4: COMPREHENSIVE APPLICATION REVIEW
HQ will provide the Comprehensive Application to SMOS members, who will review and discuss in order to recommend whether or not the meeting should be sanctioned by the Meeting Coordination Committee (MCC).
Note: During this step, the Chair of Online Learning Services Subcommittee (member of SMOS) may contact Program Organizer(s) to discuss the possibility of digital capture of the meeting for inclusion in the AAPM Online Learning Center (virtual library, online continuing education program or SAM activity) and the various related processes / opportunities. Decisions will impact meeting budget.
If SMOS approves the Comprehensive Application, see Step 5.
If initially SMOS does not approve the Comprehensive Application:
- A webex/conference call will be scheduled between SMOS and the Applicant in order to discuss issues or areas of concern.
STEP 5: RECOMMENDATION
SMOS will forward final recommendation to MCC.
MCC will discuss and determine whether or not the meeting should be sanctioned by the Administrative Council.
MCC will forward it's final recommendation to the Administrative Council.
If recommendation approved by the Administrative Council, HQ begins work with Applicant.
QUESTIONS or INQUIRIES
Lisa Rose Sullivan